Some people that are on the hCG diet just lose their control during phase 2 or phase 3 of the diet because they’re probably fed up with the calorie restriction.
But, truth be told, these people give up because they eat the same foods over and over again. For people to stick with a calorie-restricted diet such as the hCG diet, they need to have a dynamic meal plan in which foods are not repeated every day.
You need to have different foods each week so that your taste buds get reset and so that you will want to continue on with the hCG diet despite its restrictive nature.
So, what foods are you going to eat while you’re on the hCG diet then? Well, we should opt for foods that offer the most bang for the buck when it comes to nutrition.
Quinoa is regarded to be one of the healthiest foods out there. Now, if you’re going to eat one cup of Quinoa, you will get at least 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of dietary fiber, 15% of the recommended Iron content, and a host of other nutrients.
Today, I am going to be sharing with you a recipe that makes use of the Quinoa and no, we are not going for a dull and boring dish; we are going to cook the hCG Diet Black Bean and Quinoa Burger.
This burger recipe is safe for vegetarians and it is perfect for people who are on the hCG diet. Each serving of this Quinoa burger is filling and, as previously mentioned, is heavily packed with nutrition that your body needs.
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need in order to cook the hCG Diet Black Bean and Quinoa Burger:
- 1 can of black beans, washed thoroughly and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Get a bowl and then put the black beans on it. Get a fork and then slowly mash the beans until you get a sort paste mixture.
- Next, add all of the other ingredients together and make sure to mix them very well.
- The next thing you should do is divide the mixture so that you can make 4 burger patties. To do this, divide the mixture to create 4 balls, after which, you will then flatten them until they are anywhere between 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Get a frying pan that can be safely put in the oven. Put 1/2 tablespoon of Olive oil and cook the burger patties for one minute each side or until the burger patties are lightly browned.
- Next, transfer the pan to the oven and bake it for a good 15 minutes.
- After cooking, place the patties on a whole-grain bun and place in your desired vegetables (cabbage, lettuce, and other vegetables). Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Black Bean and Quinoa Burger can be eaten on phase 2 and phase 3 of the diet. Although, if you’re planning to eat it on phase 2, you can cut back on the vegetables.
This recipe is not only nutritious but it is also definitely delicious. If you’re on the hCG diet and you’re in a rut when it comes to foods to eat, try this delicious hCG Diet Black Bean and Quinoa Burger.